Creative Tools for Improved Parent Engagement
MindCraft run workshops in schools (both primary and post primary) who participate in DEIS. Our workshops allow the schools to connect with parents in a relaxed, creative environment.
Our aims are to:
- strengthen relationships between the school and the parents
- nurture confident communication by creating a relaxed atmosphere and setting
- provide coaching in Mindfulness for Stress via simple techniques which can be incorporated into daily life
- teach a craft such as pebble art
- foster a sense of achievement – all participants will complete a piece to take home
- provide an opportunity for parents to get to know each other
- encourage parent engagement at your school
- support open discussion in a non-judgemental environment.
The workshops are fully inclusive and cater for participants who may have literacy issues. Practicing Mindfulness will help parents manage anxiety which can also benefit their families and the wider community.
The workshop given by Linda was fantastic. All the parents gained so much- their sense of self worth was increased, their sense of accomplishment was written all over their faces and their belief in their own capabilities was ignited. By participating in the workshop personally they too got to see another side of people who work with their children and broke down barriers and often misconceptions regarding teachers and the educational system. I would strongly recommend this workshop and have offered it twice with fantastic take up each time.
Elizabeth Tobin. HSCLO, Avondale C.C. Rathdrum.
I found the mindfulness through art workshop very relaxing and informative. The course co-ordinator could not have been nicer and we got to bring home our projects. I would highly recommend this course for anyone who has anxiety or a busy mind –
Sandra Slattery. Parent, St Fergal’s NS Bray.